Wednesday, 8 May 2013

Artists Books - eyes...

Whilst I was in Snowdonia recently, I made some new books.
This is the second one I made on that trip.

I started with just some drawings I made of eyes in pencil and biro, on various types of paper...









...Which I then bound up. This type of binding is called a Japanese stab binding. It is good for binding lose sheets of paper, and is simple to do.





Then I added text. This is another short book, containing some of my reflections on life modelling.






I'm looking forward to making more books like this, as I'm pleased with how this one turned out. A good, still way to spend sleepy summer evenings. 



2 comments:

  1. Beautiful Nomi! I love books, they have a kind of magic all of their own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so true! Making your own is just so exciting...

      Did you watch the Neil Gaiman talk? Reckon you'd love it...:) xxx

      Delete