Friday, 22 March 2013

The Broken-Hearted Puppet

I have been making creepy models again.

This one is fimo and wire like last time, but I also used feathers as well as beads to decorate the wire frame. I tried to mimic the skeleton with the wire. I'm not sure why I gave her wings instead of arms, it just seemed right.
I'm a bit happier with the face of this time, although it's still pretty wonky. I need lots more sculpture practice! I made the face hollow, like a mask, and hung it above the ribcage with thread rather than attempting to attach it with more wire. It means that if I hold her up, she tilts her head from left to right, so she's more puppet-like than my last attempt.






I wasn't sure what I was making as I went along. But when I painted her face, she started to look rather sad. I'd made a sort of heart for her chest, which dangles behind the little wire sternum. I stopped at her ribcage, so she has no pelvis.



Right now she is hanging from a hook on the wall. She seems to be staring out at the room. Her wings look little and frail. I think she looks broken hearted. Maybe she is a spirit of broken hearts, a guardian of those who feel reshaped by sorrow.





3 comments:

  1. Wistful and rather melancholic, as if she is being caught on thermals that are pulling on her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful and touching. Thanks for sharing Nomi. x

    ReplyDelete