Saturday, 16 April 2011

Line(s)

I decided to try something new this week, inspired in part by the psychedelics conference (or rather, by my reflections on psychedelic imagery whilst at the conference) and in part by an artist called Dorothy who creates amazing, complex pattern drawings.


One line. I've lost my mind.



I'm now working on a drawing with the coloured pencils I used here. They are potentially going to be more portable than watercolour paint, and more simple to get out and use.
Which is important when one lives in two smallish rooms with another person...

I've also been rekindling my love of graphic novels and doing lots of eyeballing online. And experimenting in my sketch book. When I get paid I'm going to go to the comic book shop in Brighton and buy lots of 'reference' books...


If anyone knows of any graphic novels I must aquaint myself with, please let me know...

3 comments: